School Timings & Schedule
|Grades KG - 3||9:00 AM - 11:00 AM|
|Grades 4 - 8||11:45 AM - 2:15 PM|
Student Requirements and Recommendations
- Masks are mandatory for everyone attending Sunday School at Islamic Center of Frisco.
- If your child refuses to wear his or her mask, we will have to isolate them and contact parents promptly to pick up their child.
- Students are recommended to bring their own water bottles and should avoid sharing supplies.
- Students should bring their school supplies with them such as pencils, erasers, pencil sharpener, a glue stick, and a pair of scissors.
- Students should bring a backpack with them to store their textbooks and any papers they receive in class.
Arrival & Dismissal
Please arrive at least 5 minutes before classes begin. Students who arrive more than 5 minutes later than the arrival time will be issued a tardy.
Students have been issued tags with their unique Student ID number for the dismissal process. Please ensure that this tag has been secured and is visible on your child's backpack. A red tag indicates drive-thru dismissal, while a blue tag indicates walk-in dismissal.
Families who have elected to participate in the carpool dismissal will be provided with a car tag with their child's corresponding ID number to hang on the rear-view mirror. If you have multiple children, the number will correspond with the youngest child's student ID (you will not receive multiple tags)
Student drop-off will be from the brother’s side entrance to the masjid. An ICF Sunday School admin will be at the entrance (inside) to welcome students, take their temperature, and direct them to their classroom. Students in Session 2 may be dropped off in the car drive-thru lane at the sister's entrance.
Student pick-up takes place in the lobby, outside of the Main Prayer Hall (downstairs). Students in Session 1 may also be picked up through the carpool lane, provided that you have indicated that you prefer this method of dismissal.
- Please don’t drop off your children 15 minutes prior to classes starting, as there will be no volunteers available to look after them. Additionally, do not pick up your children later than 11:20 (session 1) or 2:15 pm (session 2).
Health & Safety
Students should not attend Sunday School in the following circumstances:
- Signs of severe illness, including fever, irritability, difficulty breathing, or crying that does not stop with the usual comforting.
- Diarrhea (3 or more episodes of loose stools in 24 hours). A child must be diarrhea-free for 24 hours without the use of diarrhea suppressing medications.
- Vomiting two or more times in 24 hours. A child should have one or more meals without vomiting before returning to school. Your child may be sent home from Sunday school for vomiting one time.
- A temperature of 100 degrees or above. A child must have a temperature below 100 degrees for 24 hours before returning to Sunday school, without the use of fever-reducing medication.
- Questionable rash until a physician has determined the rash is not caused by an infectious disease.
- Known communal diseases must be treated for the appropriate amount of time as directed by a physician.
If a child becomes ill while at Sunday school, faculty and staff will isolate him or her and contact parents promptly to pick up their child.
ICF Sunday School focuses on two areas for its curriculum: Islamic and Quranic studies.
Each school day is divided into two sessions, one each for Quranic and Islamic studies. Within each session, teachers focus on introducing a new concept and then encourage students to share their thoughts, opinions, and engage in inquiry-based dialogue. The sessions aim to promote learning through class-wide interaction where the instructor serves as a planner, host, moderator, and fellow student.
The curriculum is further enhanced with the planning, preparation, and execution of an end-of-year event where students participate in art and essay competitions and class presentations.