Frisco Masjid Code of Conduct
Frisco Masjid is committed to providing a safe and welcoming environment for all our members, non-members, and guests. To promote safety and comfort, all individuals are asked to act appropriately at all times when in our facility or participating in our programs.
We expect all persons using Frisco Masjid and its facilities to act maturely, to behave responsibly, and to respect the rights and dignity of others. Our Members’ Code of Conduct outlines prohibited actions. The activities listed below are not an all-inclusive list of behaviors considered inappropriate in our facilities or programs:
- Using or possessing alcohol or illegal chemicals on Frisco Masjid property, in Frisco Masjid vehicles, or at Frisco Masjid-sponsored programs
- Smoking on Frisco Masjid property - the Frisco Masjid and its property is a smoke-free environment
- Carrying or concealing a weapon or any device or object that may be used as a weapon.
- Harassment or intimidation by words, gestures, body language, or any menacing behavior
- Physical assault
- Verbal abuse; including threats, vulgar language, swearing, shouting, derogatory, racial and/or ethnic slurs
- Sexual harassment; lewd conversation, behavior or materials
- Inappropriate, immodest, or revealing attire
- Theft, vandalism or behavior that results in the loss or damage of property
- Loitering within or on the grounds of the Frisco Masjid and its buildings, especially begging, or panhandling
- Illegal parking or vehicles
- Inciting trouble, rebellion, and/or 'fitna', among members and non-members to attempt to de-stabilize Frisco Masjid and Frisco Masjid management for the detriment of Frisco Masjid, by means of email, social media and forming cliques, and inciting harm to any Frisco Masjid personnel.
Frisco Masjid reserves the right to deny access or membership to any person who has been accused or convicted of any crime involving sexual abuse, is or has been a registered sex offender, has ever been found guilty of any offense relating to the use, sale, possession, or transportation of narcotics or habit forming and/or dangerous drugs, or is presently or habitually under the influence of dangerous drugs or chemicals, narcotics, or intoxicating beverages.
Frisco Masjid and its patrons – members and non-members - are hereby made aware that during school hours, access to Frisco Masjid’s services and facilities may be limited and/or restricted.
Every patron of Frisco Masjid must adhere to instructions provided by onsite security.
Members and guests are encouraged to take responsibility for their personal comfort and safety by asking any person whose behavior threatens their comfort to refrain from such conduct. Anyone who feels uncomfortable in confronting a person directly should report the behavior to a staff member.
Issue/Grievance Escalation Procedure
If a member has an issue or complaint with any aspect of Frisco Masjid facilities, management or staff they are to follow the procedure below:
- Email email@example.com while clearly identifying the issue and any person(s) involved. Allow 7 days for a response. If the issue is not resolved within 14 days of original notification, then go to step 2.
- Request a meeting in writing with a Board Member(s) and discuss the issue in person. Allow seven days for a resolution. If the issue is not addressed or resolved within seven days, proceed to step 3.
- Request a meeting with the full Board of Directors (BOD) and address the issue in person at a BOD meeting. At this stage, the issue(s) should be resolved. If, for some reason, the member feels that the matter has not been resolved, then document all of the actions (if any) taken by the BOD/staff members and send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org
The BOD cannot guarantee that ALL issues raised by individuals or groups will be resolved. However, the BOD ensures that every valid issue will be reviewed in a timely manner.
Members, non-members, and guests, at all times, must follow orders, directions provided by Frisco Masjid officers, staff members, and designated volunteers.
Frisco Masjid staff members are eager to be of assistance. Members and guests should not hesitate to notify a staff member if assistance is needed.
In order to carry out these policies, we ask that members and guests identify themselves to staff when asked.
A specialized Task Force at Frisco Masjid, assigned by the BOD, will investigate all submitted incident reports. Frisco Masjid membership privileges may be suspended or terminated as a result of the Task Force’s decision if it has been discerned that a violation of the Frisco Masjid Member's Code of Conduct has occurred.
If a person has violated the Frisco Masjid Code of Conduct, the repercussions will be as follows:
- First Violation - Oral/Verbal Warning
- Second Violation - Written Warning
- Third Violation - suspension of membership and/or restriction of access to Frisco Masjid facilities by way of a restraining or criminal trespass order with pursuant of prosecution.
Please note that non-members have little or no rights or privileges at Frisco Masjid other than worship services. We encourage all brothers and sisters attending Frisco Masjid to become members to exercise their rights and privileges.
The Board of Directors reserves the right to amend this document with one week’s notice to the community.